How to Make Marijuana Margaritas at Home
What can be better than sipping a frosty Margarita on a hot summer day? Well, easy answer: A pot-infused Marijuana Margarita! Check out this easy recipe!
Even if you are not a fan of mixed drinks, you have to admit that margaritas are awesome. If you agree that there can’t be anything better than the refreshing mix of tequila and lime juice on a hot day, get ready to be proven wrong! Marijuana takes it to a whole new level!
Here is a fantastic Marijuana Margarita recipe that’s very simple. In the first part of the recipe, we show you how to infuse Tequila with some good weed; in the second part, we show you how to make and serve the drinks.
ACTIVATING YOUR CANNABIS: DECARBOXYLATION
Before we begin, the first thing you need to do is decarboxylate your cannabis. This is the process of heating it up to activate the THC and other cannabinoids within. Without this process, your margarita will have no cannabis kick to it.
Fortunately, the process is simple. Pre-heat your oven to 120°C. While heating up, spread out your cannabis over a baking tray, then bake it in the oven for 27 minutes. Once done, all of those lovely cannabinoids will be active and ready for use in your drink infusion!
Tequila (White works best)
One large jar with lid
Some weed (ground trim or bud shake) to fill about ¾ of your jar
A jar of honey
PART I: HOW TO INFUSE THE TEQUILA WITH MARIJUANA
1. Take the Mason jar and fill it to about three-quarters full with some of your favourite weed. I found that bud shake or ground trim works nicely for this. Pour enough tequila into the jar to cover your weed, then close the jar up. Shake your jar well to evenly distribute the marijuana and the tequila.
2. Find a cool and dark spot where you can place the jar and allow the mix to steep for several weeks. We recommend a minimum of one week for steeping; three weeks is optimal. Periodically shake the jar during this time.
After you’ve left the jar sitting for the recommended time, strain the mix. A coffee filter does the job nicely. Your weed infused tequila should have a nice golden colour when it’s ready.
3. Some may prefer regular tequila instead of white, but this will make the process slightly more difficult. Regular tequila is already dark, so you will not know when it’s ready steeping just from looking at it. However, the main reason that we recommend white tequila is that it allows you to make a nice greenish drink at the end, keeping in theme!
Once you strained your cannabis-infused tequila, pour it in a bottle.
PART II: HOW TO MAKE YOUR MARIJUANA MARGARITAS
1. In a blender, put 1-2 cups of ice cubes together with 4-8 tablespoons of honey.
2. Squeeze 2-3 fresh limes and add their juice into the mix.
3. Now take the pot-infused tequila that you made earlier, and add to the mix according to your taste. More pot tequila means a stronger drink.
4. Turn on the blender and blend until smooth.
SERVE YOUR MARIJUANA MARGARITAS
Margaritas are traditionally served with chilled glasses. You can chill the glasses in the fridge while you prepare your Margarita mix. Some like their Tequila with a salt rim, others without. If you want to serve Margaritas in the traditional way with salt, slightly dip the rims of the glass in some water and afterwards onto a plate where you sprinkled some salt.
For serving, cut another lime into thin slices and cut a small notch into each. Put a slice of lime over the rim of each glass. Fill the glasses with your Margarita mix.
If you want, you can also grate some lime zest and decorate the top of each drink with it.
Serve and enjoy your awesome marijuana Margaritas!