How To Make Rosin Cannabis Oil: The Safe Alternative To BHO
When it comes to making cannabis concentrates, it is normally BHO that takes the limelight. Yet, making BHO is time-consuming, difficult, and not to mention, dangerous. Fortunately, there is an alternative that is safe, easy, and achievable in a couple of minutes. What is this wonder called? Rosin.
Rosin is a cannabis oil extract that utilises pressure and heat, instead of a solvent, in its creation. The result is a completely pure, easy to make, and fast to produce cannabis concentrate. The beauty of rosin is that anyone can safely make it irrespective of experience. All you need is some bud, a flat hair iron (hair straighteners), and some parchment paper. So if you like concentrates, there is no reason to not give it a go!
ROSIN TECH: THE EASY WAY TO MAKE ROSIN
Here is how to use the rosin technique to make your own:
1. First you need to get your bud. Ideally, each bud will be slightly smaller than the width of your hair iron.
2. Heat your hair iron to a temperature between 160-180 degrees Celsius. A digital one that allows you to define the temperature will be ideal for this. The higher the temperature, the faster the rosin is produced, but the darker and sappier it will be. Once you have done this a couple of times, you will be able to play around with the temperature to get the consistency you want.
3. Take some parchment paper and fold it in half. Place one nugget of bud in the middle of one side, so that it is in the middle of the paper when it is folded over.
4. Take the nug in the paper and place it between the plates of your hair iron. Now quickly and evenly press down on the handle. You need to press hard, but not so hard you risk breaking the iron! This should take no more than 3 seconds. Any longer and you may burn it.
5. Carefully slide the parchment and nug out of the hair iron, ensuring you do not disturb the nug. If it moves around, it could wipe away the rosin oil you have just pressed.
6. Move the bud to a new place on the paper and repeat the process again. Continue this until you get nothing else. This is usually around the third press.
7. Now scrape up all the oil into one pile and repeat the entire process with the rest of your bud.
8. Once all scraped together, store your rosin cannabis oil in a cool, dark and dry place. It is now ready to enjoy at your leisure! You now have some prime, potent and solvent free concentrated cannabis oil – all within minimum time and effort!
Note: you can used the leftover pressed bud in edibles. It is the ideal ingredient!